Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Ride Engine team. We pride ourselves in being a great company to work for in the action sports industry. If you’re up to the task, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Job Description
Ride Engine is seeking a passionate and innovative Brand Manager to lead our rapidly expanding action sports business. This is a full-time position at our Hood River, Oregon headquarters.
The Brand Manager is a dynamic leader responsible for driving growth in the Ride Engine brand while ensuring both consistency and excellence in all aspects of manufacturing and marketing. The Brand Manager is responsible for defining the brand plan and strategy and ensuring all activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand. The Brand Manager is the brand’s internal champion - responsible for making sure all departments understand the brand’s vision and goals. This will require significant interdepartmental cooperation between Research & Innovation, Design & Supply, Purchasing, Sales, and Customer Service. Key Responsibilities
- Define the brand plan and strategy - ensuring all activities align with the ethos and goals of the brand.
- Be the brand’s internal champion - responsible for making sure all departments understand the brand’s vision and goals.
- Work closely with internal departments - mainly Research & Innovation, Design & Supply, Purchasing, Sales, and Customer Service - to execute Ride Engine’s brand strategy.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of Ride Engine’s product line development, production, marketing, and promotion.
- Work with Design & Supply team to translate design briefs into technical specs/documentation and working prototypes.
- Manage annual calendars to ensure on-time delivery and quality go-to-market execution.
- Collaborate with marketing team on implementing key initiatives (advertising, public relations, and content creation)
- Manage athlete relationships, contracts, and negotiations.
- Support sales by providing direction on new sales channel opportunities, strategies, and key accounts.
- Collaborate with sales to develop programs and initiatives that deliver targeted sales revenue and profit goals.
- Manage product life cycles including the life of SKUs.
- Identify key selling points (both features and benefits) to ensure consistent communication across all channels/products.
- Oversee asset creation including product copywriting and photo/video shoots.
- Execute seasonal forecasting and provide direction to Supply Chain for inventory management and PO placement.
- Assist with the management and execution of company related events (tradeshows, sales meetings, etc.)
- Report monthly on key business metrics and sales performance.
- Serve as Ride Engine’s principle point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct competitive analysis and communicate key findings to the organization.
- Regularly assess Ride Engine’s market position and make recommendations and/or adjustments as necessary.
- 7+ years experience in hard-goods/bags/accessories and brand management
- 5+ years experience in the outdoor and/or action sports industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or equivalent
- Strong leadership and management experience
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and calendars
- -Full-time benefitted position with competitive salary
- -Paid Vacation (PTO)
- -Group health, vision, and dental insurance
- -Employee gear account
- -401k matching options
ABOUT RIDE ENGINE
Ride Engine started with a Santa Cruz waterman, his creative ingenuity and a deep reverence for the ocean as Mother Nature’s greatest playground. Coleman Buckley graduated from Stanford In 2010 with a degree in biology before returning to Santa Cruz to reconnect with his roots and evaluate his future … and to surf..
As the months blew by, Buckley, an avid tinkerer, started experimenting with designing kitesurfing harnesses. No harness on the market met the expectations or demands he and his friends had, so he set to work creating one himself. In a makeshift lab in his garage, Buckley experimented with several Frankenstein designs, dissecting various harnesses, stitching together their components and bringing them to life in the sunny California breaks.
With collaboration from friends and pro riders, it wasn’t long before Buckley had created something genuinely revolutionary: the Armor harness. The buzz about the hard-shell, fully customizable form-fitting harness spread quickly, and Buckley unexpectedly found himself a busy business owner and designer, struggling to meet the demand for his sought-after products.
In the fall of 2014 Buckley joined forces with 7 Nation, a board sports company based in the Pacific Northwest. With significantly more resources and collaborators from multiple industries at its disposal, Ride Engine quickly had the ability to branch out and develop new product lines crossing over to other action sports. Ride Engine launched three models of highly-refined Armor harnesses to international markets in the summer of 2015 and followed with a full line of wetsuits the same season.
With a mantra of innovation through intimate rider-designer collaboration, Ride Engine continued to branch out, and quickly connected with top riders and innovators in the wake industry to develop a line of high-end wakeboarding accessories that also entered the market in the summer of 2015.
Collaboration with the best has always been at the core of Ride Engine, and as the company moves forward that concept will remain integral to how it operates. Ride Engine works with and relies on the most elite athletes in their sports to design top-quality products that help connect people with the activities that make them happy. And with those fundamentals at heart, the future is wide open.