International Sales Manager
The International Sales Manger is responsible for directing 7-Nation’s International sales division to meet established quotes and advising on how to improve sales and performance around the globe for both Slingshot Sports and Ride Engine Brands.
The International Sales Manager is a key member of the sales and marketing team, reporting to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The International Sales Manager will be expected to act as the primary liaison between 7-Nation brands (Slingshot Sports and Ride Engine) and customers around the world. We expect you to be an experienced and efficient Sales Professional with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
The goal of the International Sales Manager position is to meet and exceed established sales and margin targets for 7-Nation’s key brands.
Location: TBD Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective sales growth and marketing strategies in order to exceed established sales and margin targets
- Ensure all sales program initiatives align with the company’s core brand values
- Act as a key member of the Marketing Team by contributing market intelligence and thoughtful ideas for improving turnover, sell through, and brand value
- Provide timely, accurate and complete follow-up to all International partner inquiries including order entry and customer service as needed
- Responsible for development and implementation of the annual International Sales Budget Plan including budget drafts, management and cost controls
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Forecast category and unit sales as required
- Lead key partnership efforts with strategic media accounts, schools, affiliates, etc.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Logistics Departments to ensure orders are shipping on-time
- Lead planning of all importer meetings and International trade shows
- Act as presenter for key accounts, at importer meetings, or at major industry events and participate in trade show panels, actively seeking invitations to do so
- Territory: Everything outside North and South America
- Travel up to 50% of the time (but typically more like 25% of the time)
- In addition to the sales skills, we are looking for someone familiar with the international marketplace, differences in trade laws and customs, as well as the following:
- Organization and time management skills
- Initiative, sincerity and self motivation
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Charisma and confidence
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Confident public speaking ability
- Results Driven with a strong desire for success
- The ability to work successfully in a team and under pressure
- Ability to work independently, with high intensity for long periods
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- The international travel sales process is very seasonal and qualified applicants are expected to extend their work hours during peak sales season (Importer Meetings, Trade Shows, etc)
- Excellent communication skills - multiple languages a plus
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
7-Nation is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT RIDE ENGINE
Ride Engine started with a Santa Cruz waterman, his creative ingenuity and a deep reverence for the ocean as Mother Nature’s greatest playground. Coleman Buckley graduated from Stanford In 2010 with a degree in biology before returning to Santa Cruz to reconnect with his roots and evaluate his future … and to surf..
As the months blew by, Buckley, an avid tinkerer, started experimenting with designing kitesurfing harnesses. No harness on the market met the expectations or demands he and his friends had, so he set to work creating one himself. In a makeshift lab in his garage, Buckley experimented with several Frankenstein designs, dissecting various harnesses, stitching together their components and bringing them to life in the sunny California breaks.
With collaboration from friends and pro riders, it wasn’t long before Buckley had created something genuinely revolutionary: the Armor harness. The buzz about the hard-shell, fully customizable form-fitting harness spread quickly, and Buckley unexpectedly found himself a busy business owner and designer, struggling to meet the demand for his sought-after products.
In the fall of 2014 Buckley joined forces with 7 Nation, a board sports company based in the Pacific Northwest. With significantly more resources and collaborators from multiple industries at its disposal, Ride Engine quickly had the ability to branch out and develop new product lines crossing over to other action sports. Ride Engine launched three models of highly-refined Armor harnesses to international markets in the summer of 2015 and followed with a full line of wetsuits the same season.
With a mantra of innovation through intimate rider-designer collaboration, Ride Engine continued to branch out, and quickly connected with top riders and innovators in the wake industry to develop a line of high-end wakeboarding accessories that also entered the market in the summer of 2015.
Collaboration with the best has always been at the core of Ride Engine, and as the company moves forward that concept will remain integral to how it operates. Ride Engine works with and relies on the most elite athletes in their sports to design top-quality products that help connect people with the activities that make them happy. And with those fundamentals at heart, the future is wide open.