Ride Engine Warranty Policy
Last updated: December 7, 2018
Ride Engine warrants that its products will be free of defects in material or workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of one year from date of purchase. If a product is found to be defective by Ride Engine, in its sole discretion, Ride Engine’s responsibility shall be limited to credit, repair or replacement of the defective product.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RIDE ENGINE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. Such damages include but are not limited to loss of profits, loss of use of the goods, damage to property, and claims of third parties.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- The warranty applies only to Ride Engine products purchased from Authorized Ride Engine Dealers, and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- Used and demo products are sold "as is" and do not carry a warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear and damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship. Damage caused by use of the product outside its intended purpose is not covered by warranty.
- All warranty coverage is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product, unless authorized in writing from Ride Engine.
- Any modification, pairing with non-Ride Engine components or spreader bars or use outside of the product’s intended purpose is not recommended, may not be safe and will void the product’s warranty.
- Damage from natural causes, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and storms (“Acts of God”) are not covered under warranty.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt, and must clearly identify the dealer, date of purchase and the item.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty period only.
- All products submitted to Ride Engine for warranty inspection must have a Ride Engine Case number (return authorization case number), which is provided by the warranty department.
- All products being replaced under warranty must either be returned to Ride Engine or destroyed. If product is to be destroyed, Ride Engine’s Warranty Department will instruct customer to destroy product and send photo documentation before shipping replacement.
- If the product needs to be returned to Ride Engine, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping products, freight prepaid, and insured. Ride Engine assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
- Ride Engine will cover return shipping via ground service of repaired or replaced items within the US and Canada. If purchased outside of the US or Canada, please contact your distributor regarding your warranty claim.
- Ride Engine may ask that you destroy the product being warrantied and provide photo documentation prior to providing a replacement.
WARRANTY PRODUCT GUIDELINES
HARNESSES - Here are a few examples of what is NOT covered:
- Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact (on any surface including water) or neglect.
- Tears in the canopy.
- Any modification, pairing with non-Ride Engine components or spreader bars or use outside of the product’s intended purpose.
- Cosmetic issues including discolored graphics and excessive sun exposure.
- Damage caused by pilot error.
WETSUITS - Here are a few examples of what is NOT covered:
- Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact or neglect.
- Cosmetic issues including discolored graphics, top sheet dents or fading from sun exposure. .
- Issues arising from improper maintenance and care
- Damage caused by any alterations or modifications
FOILS - Here are a few things that are NOT covered:
- Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact or neglect, including storage and handling of the board.
- Seizing, rust, and corrosion of foil and hardware due to improper care and maintenance.
- Chips, dings and cosmetic blemishes caused from use.
- Damage caused by modification or use of improper hardware.
- Damage to foil, foil board and/or loss of foil caused by improper installation, improper tightening of hardware or impact with any object.